Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Stonewall

There is a stonewall that I cannot breach,
A forgiveness that I find elusive.
Be merciful I am told, yet I fear to be too merciful.

Am I a fool to think it? That I am that good?
Do I see all too clearly and lack the compassion I need to forgive?
But I remember well with the memory He gave me,
With its accusing finger saying "There! See it?"

I want to forgive him, I really do.
"...as we forgive those who trespass..." measure for measure yes?
Yet what good is to forgive all
And not forgive him who needs it most?

How did David do it? Or Peter?
Ah...am I like Judas then? Is that my end?
Lord! The thirty pieces I have flung back long ago!
Yet their sound still ring in my ears!

Why is forgiving this one so difficult?
I have shown mercy to one and all but for him!
Will this one condemn me for my lack of mercy?
Your strength I need Lord, for how else to forgive myself? 

RJBlais

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after reviewing. Thank you